So here is a quick run-through of some facts I believe to be true about hipster nation, based upon my posts. More facts to come later, but here are a few:
- 1st Hipster Fashion Commandment: Thou shalt spend an unreasonable amount of time, effort, and money to look poor and like you spent no time, effort, or money.
- Hipsters perpetually rip off Steve Urkel‘s style sense.
- Hipsters are responsible for the resurrection of both Ray-Ban Wayfarers and skinny jeans
- Irony. Yeah.
- Pabst Blue Ribbon is an acceptable accessory for the hipster outfit, and the official beverage sponsor of Hipster Nation.
- “Hipster” will soon be an accepted gender and political party.
- Hipsters constantly try to emulate the style of their grandparents.
- In general, if someone calls you a hipster and you get offended, you’re a hipster.
- Hipsters are perpetually self-conscious, trying to be unique but only within the bounds of sameness.
- Hipsters are attempting to steal preppy WASPy style and make it their own.
- There is an ongoing partnership between hipsters and Al-Qaeda.